Jennifer Campbell, RMT Return to Practice Plan
Please read through the Return to Practice Plan that takes effect May 19, 2020. The goal of this plan is to ultimately reduce the risk of transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19 in order for patients to feel safe in receiving massage therapy treatment.
This plan is in accordance with the CMTBC interim guidelines.
The BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment can be found here.
A copy of the informed consent can be found here.
- patients MUST complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment form that will be emailed to them 48 hours prior to their appointment
- RMT and clinic staff are using the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment daily
- the 24 hour cancellation policy is relaxed and flexible due to COVID-19 related cancellations
- a patient’s appointment will be cancelled if they (or the RMT) do not meet the pre-screening criteria
- RMT will also complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment with the patient at the time of the appointment
- patients must arrive unaccompanied, unless the patient is a minor and requires a parent/guardian, or infirm and needs assistance
- patients are required to wait outside the clinic (in their car), patient can enter the clinic a maximum of 5 minutes prior to the appointment and sit in the designated seating in the waiting room
- appointments will be staggered within the clinic to avoid patient traffic
- patients are recommended to use the bathroom at home prior to arriving to the clinic
- RMT’s in the office are always practicing 6ft physical distancing
- RMT’s are not using shared clinic devices (computers, phones, etc)
- patients will utilize hand sanitizer upon entering the clinic (a sink is also available for hand washing)
- hand sanitizer will also be available for patients in the treatment room
- RMT will no longer handle credit cards for payment (patient will read out card number to RMT if a credit card is not stored on file)
- receipts will no longer be printed at the treatment and will be emailed instead
Avoid Face Touching
- tissues are available for patient use if a face itch needs to be addressed
- clean, cotton face masks will be available for patients and practitioners
- all high-touch surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected between patients
- linens are single use only, then laundered in hot, soapy water
- appropriate time will be scheduled between patients to thoroughly disinfect the treatment room (table, face cradle, table levers/handles, table arm rest, door, door handle, chair, laptop, desk, light switch, coat rack, floor, etc)
- the thermophore and blanket will no longer be used in the treatment room
- the window in the treatment room can be opened to encourage proper air flow
- the clinic common areas will be cleaned multiple times per day (doors, door handles, railings, washroom, etc)
- water cooler and magazines will be removed from patient waiting room (it is recommended that patient brings a water bottle with them)
- RMT will be wearing a face mask during all treatments (this is a personal decision)
- patients are required to wear a mask during intake and treatment; RMT will have cloth masks and disposable gloves available. Masks will be laundered after each use
- COVID-19 risk: any massage therapy treatment involves some risk of COVID-19 transmission; the RMT will be following this protocol to reduce or mitigate risk; but that risk cannot be reduced to zero; the patient must consent to treatment despite some risk; and the RMT will document the patient’s consent